[Bf-funboard] Toolbar mockups

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:58:36 CEST 2013

On 23-07-2013 14:56, Vincent Akkermans wrote:
> My inclination for both is that they should be something either on the
> viewport itself or on the 3D view's header. That would be where you
> interact with the content, make your selections, and then operator on
> it through the toolbar. I remember there was a thread about this on
> ba:
> http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?294357-Can-we-have-something-like-this-%28navigation%29

I was thinking about Left, Right, Top, Bottom etc. Also maybe view
selected and view local/global toggle. This can be done as 2 rows of
small icons.

But you mentioned buttons on the viewport itself. I actually like that
idea, after seeing how well it worked, and how good it looked in Silo -
http://www.lion-gv.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/silo.jpg But I
guess it doesn't really fit in Blender's UI since we have the window
header and the toolbar.

>> As for the texture paint mode, I always have a jumble there. There is a
>> lot of panels, and I'm always too lazy to sort them (this is generally a
>> problem). If you could make a main section that would combine the Brush,
>> Curve and Project Paint sections in a clean, compact way, that would
>> sort things out.
>>

> I'll have a go at this later this week!

Great to hear that.

>> Also, for symmetrical modeling and game art, commands I often use, that
>> I added myself, are mirror along X-axis (which is the axis that you most
>> often have symmetry on), that makes a symmetrical duplicate of selection
>> and mirrors it, and snap to X-axis, which sets all the selected vertices
>> x coordinate to 0. That would be nice to add.
>>

> Would you have a bit of code for me to look at?

You can check it out here -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6959287/Temp/RTools16.py

Tested in 2.66a

They are mostly macros.