[Bf-funboard] Toolbar mockups

Silvermindyarr silvermindyarr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 02:39:02 CEST 2013

I like seeing design activity. I wonder though if the toolbar should really
house everything.

One thought:
    If the Toolbar is for convenience: then not everything should go there.
Maybe it should be moving toward being a customizable panel. A panel is
nice because you can put it on the side, above, below, wherever. I think
you are right in thinking that everything should have a place though.
Everything deserves a great icon too if possible.

Perhaps a unified menu should be created. When searching for something like
a command, you can only do one thing at that time. A modal menu makes sense
to me. I feel like the search menu used with the spacebar is an opportunity
for doing that. See mockup for both ideas here:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/56149

As you search in the search area, menus containing suggestions could be
highlighted, hinting where you can find them again.

Great looking work!

David :)