[Bf-funboard] property panel "switch" section toggles.. thoughts?

Tony Mullen tony.mullen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:55:34 CEST 2013

Personally, I prefer the check boxes.

For one thing, the switches look to me like the user should drag the switch
to the right or the left with the mouse, rather than just clicking. If this
is necessary, it's much worse than check boxes, but I assume the switches
toggle by click, in which case it's just a little bit unintuitive.

Also, I think the check boxes provide more unambiguous and immediate visual
feedback. It's obvious at a glance whether the box is checked or not,
whereas you have a combination of a word, a color/gray level/ and a
right/left position the switch case, and it's a bit more visually muddled
to me.  Plus the check boxes take up less space.