[Bf-funboard] hide by type (filter)

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:44:06 CEST 2013

I know of select by type but using this is not what I mean with "hide by type"

with a hide by type filter,there  would be an easily toggleable dialog (like in the curve editor,try it out) to have a quick-hide functionality based on type.

it's different from actually hiding ,as it functions as a filter. and the main draw is that hide/unhide operations won't affect it.
If I do what you say , select by type and hide, it would still unhide again even if I don't want it to.

So hide by type is rather filter by type. A quick,stock way to hide by type.

batch restrict selectability is possible by selecting in outliner and rightclicking and toggle selectability.

But it's not the workflow I am proposing. I propose an extra layer of scene managment with slightly different benefits to these kinds of selection/hide tools.

Having them both won't detract from each other,they would complement each other,as they would be used in different scenario's

kind regards