[Bf-funboard] hide by type (filter)

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:18:54 CEST 2013

while hiding and unhiding objects in blender is easy,I do feel this could be expanded upon.

user case scenario

1) I hide lamps/camera's after setting them up
2) I hide an bject or character that is in my way
3) I unhide via alt+h
=>everything unhides ,even lamps and camera's you don't need.

While I could do this individually in the outliner,it's not very practical.

there is a select by type operator,so it seems feasable to propose:

A hide by type selector/filter

this could work like 'filters' in curve editor.
you select the types that are supposed to be shown in the 3D view.
unselected types are automaticly hidden and don't respond to hide/unhide operations

As visual feedback there are several options

1) header filter,like curve editor
2) popup like 'move to layer'
3) outliner filter,like curve editor

or a combination thereof (or other options)

this would help give you more power to manage your scene ,I feel.