[Bf-funboard] property panel "switch" section toggles.. thoughts?

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:46:59 CEST 2013

while I do like some of bill reynish's ideas (I want those list x's!)
his comparison screenshots in the end is,I feel, biased.

to make an accurate comparison he should have shown the same properties tab in both screenshots. Showing a tab that is naturally less cluttered paints a better picture then it should.
Hiding useful info that is relevent to 3D view doesn't help either.

what COULD be done is have an "edit mode" for headers in which you mark the buttons to be hidden,that you don't need much.
a simple vs advanced view,if you will. To be toggled on/off by the minimize button that already hides the menu in the header,now.
Also with a keyboardshortcut perhaps.

Alternatively less relevant information (render button? use scene's active camera? inactive snap) could fade out when the header is not active.
When hovering above the header,it could regain focus.

or a combination of both.