[Bf-funboard] property panel "switch" section toggles.. thoughts?

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Tue Jul 16 00:45:16 CEST 2013

David Jeske wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Justas Ingelevičius<justas at zvejone.lt>wrote:
>
>> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=55645
> That is clear, but also pretty loud/attention-grabbing. Possibly too much
> so.
I don't agree it's loud... it took me 10 secs to work out the difference
between the two panels!! (from a standing start).

However, while I slightly prefer the toggle to the checkbox, I would
prefer the toggle replacing the checkbox directly. Scanning vertically
through the list of "random" widgets on the right hand side to find the
"on" and "off" of the toggles is too hard. It is slightly easier on the
left because there are already visual cues saying where to look.

One reason I prefer the toggle to the checkbox is that it is different
in appearance to the checkbox, so I can visually scan for "toggle" and
not be distracted by other checkboxes.

> I'm not sure why it's so important to have the panel titles aligned,
I agree it is important to align them...

Regards
Ruth

--
Software Manager&   Engineer