[Bf-funboard] property panel "switch" section toggles.. thoughts?

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:41:27 CEST 2013

> I'm not sure why it's so important to have the panel titles aligned

It is just for the anal amongst us that have a strong *need* to have things
line up neatly. It hurts me, just a little, when I have to scan that list
and
have some of the items out of line.  LOL

> The on/off button and greyed out toggles don't really make things much
more readable.

No, I didn't like it either...

> Perhaps the triangles could be removed and the checkboxes moved in their
place

After playing with this for a while I don't think it is likely to find a
way to
remove the triangles. When they are gone, no matter what we do with
the titles, the checkboxes on their own can communicate (wrongly) the
open/closed state of the panel.

For example if you close all panels except for "anti-aliasing" and "sampled
motion blur" and turn those features on. If you then remove the triangles
the natural assumption is that the checkboxes signify open. The system
should make sense no matter how you find it.

I think we are stuck with the triangles, and the checkboxes, and therefore
the anal amongst us will probably have to just deal with the mis-alignment.

But it is still fun experimenting with this stuff.

Harley