[Bf-funboard] Toggling proportional edit during transform

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 22:55:40 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Harley Acheson <harley.acheson at gmail.com>wrote:

> We don't have that easy on/off toggle now, with Connected and Projection
> in the
> mix.

Correct, and this has come up here and on bf-committers recently as
something that would be 'nice to fix' (at least for some users).

> We could just as easily make a binary toggle that goes between my
> "off" and your last selected Falloff type.

I propose a compromise.. which is to make the UI conceptually similar to
the "snap" tools. There would be a separate toggle button for
enable/disable, and then a single "dual state" button for falloff and
influence which opens a single menu containing two checkbox sections, one
for falloff-type one for influence. This avoids digging into two menus,
without adding the confusion of turning the menu into a triple-state menu
also containing enable/disable.

It is a "to do" item that toggling a checkbox should not close the menu.

By this do you mean that it's generally an "approved" thing to do to the
UI? Do you have a tracker link?