[Bf-funboard] Unlock "view offset lock" for Lock to Cursor

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:58:13 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Bol Bib <bollebib at hotmail.com> wrote:
> oh that is great!
>

> I want to test it out but I'm unclear on what to do exactly. Do I find it in SVN build? I tried but no success.
>
> This is however I understand your patch
>
> 1) enable lock rotation to cursor
> 2) setting the cursor elsewhere results in current 2.67 behaviour,the cursor remains in center but moves the view.
> 3) now however: panning the view,instead of locking like it used to, pans like it should,no longer keeping the cursor to center
> 4)rotation happens still around cursor but no more in center.
> 5)press home to re-link the cursor to center=> re-initiate old behaviour.

Yep, this is how it works, it feels like rotate around selected object
option when using.

> If it works like this I think this is a good solution. There should perhaps be a way to communicate this "home "shortcut  in the tooltip for lock to cursor as well? Just a thouht.

The way this works - center camera, center lock. view-all...
are all assigned to the home key and their poll function checks the
context, the menu can check the context and show the right one too,
which will of course, have the correct tooltip.

- Campbell