[Bf-funboard] modal drag modifier-key-discovery

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 19:04:38 CEST 2013

Damn, I keep accidentally replying to an individual instead of to the
group...

> Speaking only for myself, I don't find the character in and of itself
visually
> confusing at all... the example you give certainly requires a tracking
> adjustment (more space on either side of the pipe), but it's definitely
more
> clear than just increased spacing between the elements in the case of the
modal
> key reference... and much, much better than the current situation.

Yes, it might come down to the differences in how we all differently "see"
words.

If I take two multi-word phrases, it takes a certain amount of space
between them
to make them look like distinct things, rather than a part of a single
sentence.

If I then add any kind of divider in between I then have to *increase* the
distance
so that the divider itself has enough margin to not connect with either
side.  That
distance, to me, depends on the brightness of the divider.  If the divider
has the
same weight as the text, as in the case of the vertical pipe, I need the
most space.
The dimmer the divider the closer I can move them all together.

So my problem isn't so much the pipe but that it is drawn with the same
color,
and therefore brightness, as the text around it.