[Bf-funboard] modal drag modifier-key-discovery

Matjaz Lamut matjaz.lamut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:56:08 CEST 2013

@Jeske, out of the two options you show I prefer the 1. one, because
showing them near the cursor would get in the way. This reminds me of a
past discussion on this mailing list, on how to show auto-key recording is
enabled. In the end, the indicator is now shown in the top-right corner of
the 3d view. To summarize, it needs to be out of the way of the main
activity.

@Harley Acheson, I agree with the sentence comment. The options looks like
a single long string and lack consistency. However I don't think the
proposed solution would work that well. My use case when using modal  tools
is also to check whether an option is ON / OFF. Only some of them can be
seen from the 3d view. For Z to cut through I can't tell whether it's
enabled simply by looking at the model.

The separators help keep things organized, no dilemmas here. For ON / OFF,
perhaps the text could change its colour depending on its state. Another
idea is to keep the regular text