[Bf-funboard] normalize visual display of curves in graph editor?

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Tue Jul 9 18:12:23 CEST 2013

Yup, exactly, the Y scale on the graph editor.

There's probably some design decisions to make such as:

a- normalize different types (rotations-euler/rotation_quats/location)
to each other or:
aa- normalize all the curves based on their maximum/minimum?

b- static vs. dynamic (i.e. click normalize and it does it once, or
continuously does it) the former could get 'stale' after adding a bunch
of keyframes, the latter could be confusing as you are working.

c- consider the whole extent of the curves in time, or just the visible
time?

etc.

I'd lean towards it being curve-type agnostic, 'static' in that it does
the normalize once each time you toggle it on, and taking the entire
time range into account.

There's also probably other corner cases, studying pros and cons in
other software, etc. that could be done. All of which makes it a good
topic for funboard ;)