[Bf-funboard] question about scenes and layouts

Luke S. subscription57 at Live.com
Sun Jul 7 20:01:59 CEST 2013

The first problem I see is that your Plane and Sphere scenes don't have
cameras in them. Once I add cameras, the scenes play back just fine.

There do seem to be a few little issues with getting the VSE strips to
update if I change something about the scenes after putting the cameras
in. I needed to change something in the "Edit Strip" panel, such as
Opacity or Channel, to make the VSE viewer update to show the 3D scene
properly (else it would show the scene as it was before my change).
There may be other ways to trigger an update that I didn't find, but
ideally this should happen automatically.

Outside of that little issue, I don't see anything going wrong. I was
unable to reproduce the problem with the Plane scene changing lengths,
perhaps this has something to do with how you created the scenes? e.g.
What you chose for linking settings when creating a new scene.

Hope this helps!

P.S. The Blender version I used for this test was 2.67.1 r57908. What
was your version?

Thank you for your time.
-LswaN