[Bf-funboard] 4-column layout for editor-type menu

Luke S. subscription57 at Live.com
Sat Jul 6 05:49:28 CEST 2013

On 7/5/13 10:12 PM, David Jeske wrote:

>     +1, I agree with all of the above. My one suggestion would be to
>     consider moving the Movie Clip Tracker into the Primary Editors
>     column.
>

> Did you see the following update? It has a slightly different
> organization I like better...
>
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/54961 - C7 - 4 column, WTAS-grouping, full
> header
>
> This grouping is based on a "level of detail" look at the editors...
> Users start in "Workspaces" to author things, with "Tools" offering
> alternate views and controls on workspaces, "Assets" offering higher
> levels of abstraction for integrating assets, and "Scripting" rounding
> out the deep end...
Ah, I must have missed that bit. I agree that this layout looks nicer, I
really like the 4x4 layout, and the definite progression from one type
of editor to the next is very useful. In this case, I would say that the
Movie Clip Tracker functions more as a tool than an asset like the File
Browser or Outliner, but maybe I'm just biased because I use so many
Movie Clips.
Still, changing anything might throw off the overall layout, so I think
I will just be happy and not make any complaints :) .

Thank you for your time.
-LswaN