[Bf-funboard] Continuous grab for sliders in Modifiers.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:41:37 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Bol Bib <bollebib at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Small observation I had. Compared to other sliders ,sliders in the modifiers are not subject to continuous grab,and effectivly stop when you reach the edge of the screen. I feel this is not consistent with other Blender Behaviour.
>
> Is this intenrional or just forgotten?

This was intentional.
Slider number buttons intentionally didn't use continuous grab because
the range of the button is clamped within the screen bounds (you don't
normally have a reason to drag outside the buttons as you do with
other number buttons).
... Unless you hold shift for fine tuning, which is a good reason to
enable it :).

Since we now support un-grabbing the mouse at the slider location,
added this option. r54196
http://blender.markmail.org/thread/c4tzghm6xsb2zk5c