[Bf-funboard] Stretch Modifier

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Sun Dec 29 16:15:48 CET 2013

Bernier Molina Zamudio <jorgeb_curse13 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hello, my name is Jorge Molina.
>
>I would like to request a new button or feature for the "Stretch" and
>the "Child Of" modifiers in Blender. I typically use these modifiers in
>all my rigs and I find it extremely cumbersome that when I change or
>move bones, I always have to reset one by one all the bones that have
>these modifiers on. I was wondering if there was a way to add a little
>button to both modifier's box that says: "Reset All" and "Set Inverse
>to All" respectively, I am not asking to delete the existing buttons
>(Reset & Set Inverse), but to add a new button with the function to
>reset all or set the inverse to the other Stretch and Child Of
>modifiers used in a rig. This will help my and I bet other artist's
>workflow a lot, since when changes are made to a rig, we would be able
>to reset all the bones with just the click of a button, eliminating the
>hazel of having to do it one by one.

This is pretty easily scriptable with a handful of lines of Python. Loop through each of the constraints of each of the bones in your armature, looking for Stretch To or Child Of constraints and running the reset operator.

And if you want to make it fancy, wrap that all in its own operator and pre-pend a button for it in the Bone Constraints panel.

  -Jason