[Bf-funboard] lock camera to view also in camera view

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 07:37:08 CEST 2013

These options really do conflict and have been disabled for good
reason, if you lock to the cursor, this would have to override camera
drivers, animation, constraints etc.
(If you want to be sure the camera is looking at the cursor).

It _could_ be done in a way that doesn't modify the objects rotation
and just views through the camera at a modified rotation, but not sure
how useful it would be, since it wouldn't work for rendering,
exporting etc - in fact would be quite confusing for anyone wanting to
use that camera for anything besides viewing.

If it _did_ change the objects rotation - consider that you can have
multiple camera views each with their own cursor location, so they
would fight over who sets the camera rotation last.
I think attempting this feature is asking for troubles... or perhaps
the feature you want can be implemented without cursor locking the
camera.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Bol Bib <bollebib at hotmail.com> wrote:
> when you switch to the camera view lock to cursor option gets ignored.
>
> I feel,to be consistent, this should not be so.
>
> even in camera view lock cursor to view should work.
>

> imo

- Campbell