[Bf-funboard] Render option: image editor ->based on mouse over

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:57:12 CEST 2013

by combining both your feedback I now finally get why I had such a schizophrenic experience.

So I guess render result takes precedence over the biggest editor (in height,not in width,which is...debatable) and if render result is not there,only then biggest editor is chosen.

So yes,it IS predictable,but it's hardly discoverable.

Maybe an extra tooltip might mention this. 'if render result is not active,tallest editor gets chosen"

> > "Render" button would replace the "Properties" editor with the render
> > result.
this is no issue as the properties editor could be the biggest.

> > Or even worse you could have the result go to the "Info" editor if your
> > mouse
...but this just might be(small) an issue indeed. However if it would be clear in the render options that the event is triggered on mouseover ,that wouldn't matter because it's clear. Then you could still choose 'render result" in the image editor.

I still feel chosing on mouseover could be more useful then the current behaviour as you can decide on the fly where you want your result. Much more flexible as you could quick-replace an editor of your choice. more quickly then chosing image aditor and setting render result as active.

But at the least there should be a tooltip with how the current editor is chosen.