[Bf-funboard] Feature Proposal: Freehand/Custom Mesh Object Type

Jim Adkins adekyn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:26:55 CEST 2013

(Knapp)
>>> I have also had this problem. I would suggest however that we include
a one vertex object. Dropping into edit mode or not in an option in
the user options area.

I see your point, that would also maintain current usage paradigm
(something can be said for consistency).

(Nelson)
>>> ...add vertex to empty operator from the spacebar pop-up...
>>> ...no change to the UI.

I like the space-bar integration. I also appreciate the lower-risk
approach, of not getting into UI code changes.

That being said, I think adding the feature to the UI would, potentially,
be a bit more user friendly? At a minimum, it would make it easier to
illustrate to new users...possibly?

I can see positives to both techniques... (maybe take the low-cost
space-bar approach first, then promote to UI-citizenship later?)

(*Karl Kühberger*)

>>> +1

Dude, who doesn't like being "+1'd" - thanks for the vote!

BTW - I'm not (at the present) a Blender developer, so if anyone would like
to pursue this request (any takers?), I would appreciate it!

Thanks to all for the feedback,
Jim