[Bf-funboard] Losing painted textures.

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:25:14 CEST 2012

2012/9/27 Mats Holmberg <mats.holmberg at 2me.fi>:
> Very true, but then again, why should you as a user have to worry about saving your textures at all? I mean, in all my years of Blender use, I've never wanted NOT to save my painted textures. Why not automatically save them? At least there should be a really clear way of both saving and removing stuff from our blends.

Sometimes a single texture is used in several blend files, but I would
enable an option called "autosave textures when saving blend" knowing
that I should save a texture with a different name if I want to
preserve the original. I tried to do an addon (1-2 years ago) for
doing exactly that, but for some reason I couldn't make it work (API
was buggy).

If you have a packed texture, it should be saved automatically when
saving the blend, but actually it's even worse than unpacked textures:
the only way to save modified packed textures is unpacking and
repacking them. Aso, textures should be packed automatically when you
don't explicitely save them somewhere.

Cheers.