[Bf-funboard] Warning when auto keyframe active

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Tue Sep 18 00:35:39 CEST 2012

it's not a terrible idea, but there is one flaw in it:

the problem with autokey left on by accident isn't a problem in any of
the time-based views. You may not even have these visible. It *is* a
problem in the 3D View - at least the way most people use it, as
transforming objects in the 3D view is what generates the automatic
keyframe.
therefore any warning sign should be in the 3d view, otherwise it can be
totally missed.
A red (or otherwise themable) frame around the 3d view to my mind would
be the least obtrusive, but still visible enough to prevent accidental
keying.

anyway, this is all academic unless somebody decides to code it :)