[Bf-funboard] Rigging problems

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:22:07 CET 2012

some more findings an questions I hope I get an answer to.
I'm asking a lot these days but this always happens when I'm in a project of some importance.
So I hope I'm forgiven.

1) when I want to apply aboneselection as rest pose , when an object has weightpaints on them they snap to the origin of that object. Why is this? Wouldn't it be better to move the origin WITH the parented weight object? So that when you apply a rest pose it doesn't change the object?

What is the rationale? or is it a bug? Some limitation of the technique?

2) When assigning automatic weights I select the object & then some bones. But Blender assigns weights to near or overlapping bones anyway. Can't I exclude these somehow? Putting them on a different bone layer doesn't work either.

Maybe ,again ,this is by design. But I hope you can see the value of assigning automatic weights to only selected bones.

3)If I apply a bone group with a certain color to some bones, IK color doesn't show anymore. This is actually a handy feature,seeing your IK handle. Is it possible to show the colors as well as the IK color?
That IK color blends with or replaces a custom color?

This is not a big problem,but a convenience and expectency problem. Because you'd expect it to be there.

Thank you for your answer.