[Bf-funboard] Apply Mirror Modifier as a new mesh

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:15:51 CET 2012

twice,thrice any number of times ^^

the only things that get the desired result is doing it in edit mode ,or with mirror modifier

But I think i have found the problem.

I needed to APPLY rotation first.
strange that blender doesn't somehow compensate for that

Possibly there is some math at work that I do not understand.

Now that I know of it I won't forget it quickly but I'm sure lotsof people wouldn't know how to solve this.
So I'd still advocate that extra function for the modifier. it's easier to understand for most people then a scale trick that needs the exact right parameters to get it right and that they can't find in the UI (you have to KNOW it) .