[Bf-funboard] Auto-key indicator

Matjaz Lamut matjaz.lamut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:20:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

I read on the committers mailing list the red window outline and blinking
to indicate enabled auto-key is a no go. I also noticed a graphicall build
called UI playground to test a possible solution, so this appears to be
still a problem. Do you think a solution like the below proposals could
work?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1482587/Blender%20UI/Record-indicator.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1482587/Blender%20UI/Record-indicator1.png

During translate, rotate, scale or other transform in the 3d window an
additional icon/thingy is displayed at the mouse cursor to indicate
auto-keyframe is enabled. It doesn't show when no transform is being done.
The indicator is thus out of the way most of the time, except when it
should be visible. It is also a very small visual change to the UI, while
always being right in front of the user, at the cursor.

Matjaž