[Bf-funboard] Reuse Background image Coordinates

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:32:15 CEST 2012

Ah yes,I almost forgot about that one,thank you for reminding me.

The following might be a bit long, but bear with me,please,I'm only explaining my views of both workflows.

The empty way has the obvious placing advantage,and works in al screen layouts.

But:

-It lacks the 'back/front' setting the background image has
-It lacks the axis function ( it doesn't disappear automaticly when it doesn't need to be shown in a certain view)
-Not available on the properties shelf (easier access)
-No Movie Clip option.

With the empty I can make the empty transparent,  and maybe blend it with the model with some trickery. But I always have to activate/deactivate this.  Not a handy workflow.

Would it be possible then to integrate the axis and back/front option for the 'empty' image settings?

Or maybe even better :

Integrate the background image function with the empty image workflow.
this would mean:

1)Creating a background image in the shelf

2)=>automaticly create an empty (at cursor) with the image.  (=empty image workflow)

If you can add the missing options explained above,
you will never have to choose one or the other.

It will be an enhanced Background image tool.

I hope I'm not rambling. It seems logical to me,though there might be a reason why it is not possible.

COULD this be possible?