[Bf-funboard] Blender new keymap progress

proxe proxe.err0r at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:22:30 CET 2012

A nice solution to the box select \ tweak select issue:

I am currently using box select on RMB tweak, leaving LMB tweak to for
vertex pushing which is a must in my experiance.

But it presents the issue of how to set the 3d cursor, this can be solved
easily by setting it up so that the cusor is set on mouse *Release* rather
then *Press*, I'm currently using RMB Release for this and it works great.

I set Ctrl+LMB Tweak to lasso select, Shift+Ctrl Tweak for adding to
selection,

I haven't been keeping up with the funboards lately, I based my keymap off
of what nathan started, and for the most part I have solved all the issues
that I have had on my version, using it full time for eveything that I do
now, it also has the mode switch menu set to space bar, but I added a few
other menus, like viewport shading (Alt-Z), pivot point selection
(Ctrl-Tab) and a Set Manipulator Menu that works how it did in 2.49.

I have been using Alt-Spacebar to go back to previous mode, Space bar is
obviously for the mode menu, Ctrl-F for the search menu, Tab for the
operator menu (F6) and quite a few other changes that are likely not aiming
in the direction that nathan is going. but I will list the box selection
ones, hopefully you can get some good ideas from them.

Box Select:
RMB + tweak for box select
Shift+ RMB + tweak to add
Alt + RMB + tweak to remove

Ctrl + Alt + RMB + tweak for Clipping border
Ctrl + RMB + tweak for Zoom to Bordor
Shift + Ctrl + RMB + tweak for Render Border
Shift + Ctrl + Alt + RMB press to clear render border.

Also while in weight paint mode I set the mouse select to Right Mouse
Primarily this is because of the inability of being able to select bones
while weight painting, Something that the default keymap is unable to do
when using left for select, Atleast the last time I tested it.

Hope this helps ~proxe