[Bf-funboard] Array Modifier extension request.

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Thu Nov 22 04:06:34 CET 2012

Folks,

A model I am making uses array and mirror a fair bit. One extension that
would be very useful would be an optional text box in which you could
put numbers and number-ranges, where each number refers to one of the
array copies. Absence of a number means that array copy is missing too.

The use case I have is an array of window objects. A building has
identical windows in two groups, a group of 4, then three spaces, then a
group of 7. I could model this with the extension by putting "1-4,8-14".

I believe at present the only way to get the same behaviour is to make
lots of linked copies by hand (though I may well be wrong...), or to
apply as mesh and accept the loss of linking, hoping my modelling
doesn't need alteration.

A related wish that has I think been mentioned before: be able to Apply
an array not just as additional mesh in the same object (current state)
in the current object, but also as new objects and as new linked
objects. Do in the case above, I could alternately achieve my goal by
apply as linked copies then deleting three of them.

Regards
Ruth

P.S. If it would help to see pics of the model for clarification, I can
do that.

--
Software Manager & Engineer
Tel: 01223 414180