[Bf-funboard] Blender new keymap progress

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:47:49 CET 2012

Great work! Here is my feedback. When I omit things it means they are
good IMO.

Viewport draw mode - I always switch from textured to wire and back to
textured, or from solid to wire and back to solid, so the best for me
would be if the wire mode would be a toggle.

Mode switch - Nice! Would be even if there was an option of holding down
space bar - if the user held down space bar, releasing the space bar
would choose the mode currently selected. This could be implemented in
other menus as well I suppose.

Selection - If LMB dragging in empty space deselects all, I would also
recommend that LMB clicking in empty space would also deselect all.
Adding/removing loop selection does not work. (Build 52333).

Vertex/edge/face menu - I especially like that one.

Translate/rotate/scale/create edge/face - hard to press c while holding
fingers on s d f, I would probably change it to a s d, and make
edge/face on f. What about a? -> With LMB click on empty space, and
ctrl-a to select everything, a for select/deselect all would be unnecessary.

"combines face/edge creation with the vertex connect tool" - That would
be awesome.

Merge menu - I use this one a lot, and alt-m is unusable. I currently
have it on alt-e, but anything around wsad is better than m.

Regards
Paweł Łyczkowski
plyczkowski.com