[Bf-funboard] New Keymap comment

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Sat May 26 23:09:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,
this is by no means a flame, but I feel the new keymap loses something
really really useful, not sure if there's a solution for it at this late
time in the game.

namely, the best way to modelessly tweak-translate in any 3D application
that I have ever used (max, maya, animation:master, blender): the
tweak-translate.

now it is replaced with box selection... this is more in line with the
rest of the world, but it is a terrible missed opportunity, and kills my
modeling workflow.

It's not a flame because, of course, the keymaps are selectable. but I
translate single selections far more than I box select! I don't know if
this is the norm or not, but.. oh well.

My sadness is that I genuinely wanted to try this 'tuned' keymap. but it
is not for me.