[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: selection

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Tue May 15 04:08:34 CEST 2012

> I'm a die hard fan of it
> going on double click. (It should, by the way :P)

Ah!  Of course, double-click.

How about this:
LMB click = select
LMB drag = border select
LMB drag + Alt = lasso select
LMB double-click = loop select
LMB double-click + Alt = ring select

And then shift = add, ctrl = remove.

I think circle/paint select is actually better as a modal tool, since
that gives the user a clear opportunity to resize the brush.  So we
can just leave that assigned to C (or some other key).

The only thing this leaves us without is shortest-path select, which
is important in my experience for UV unwrapping of dense meshes, and
sometimes for tweaking vertex weights during rigging.  IMO it's not as
important to be super quickly accessible since it's less frequently
used (please speak up if disagree), but it shouldn't be too bizarre
either.  Suggestions?

Pretty sure mesh edit mode has the most/weirdest selection tools, so
if we can get this worked out, we can probably re-use for other modes.

--Nathan