[Bf-funboard] Blender licensing...

Tarmo Pikaro tapika at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 06:30:53 CEST 2012

Hi !

> For the sake of discussion: which licence (LGPL, Mit, BSD...) would you prefer?

I guess Mit or Bsd - since they allow upgrade Blender in any direction without exposing
source code of plugins (if we make such).

But I guess LGPL could be also suitable alternative.

About scripting engines -

I know Unity3D operates on C# (compiled) C# (script) and/or javascript, Shiva 3D operates
on C++ (compiled) and Lua (script). Blender works on C++ (compiled) and Python (script).

I would prefer that high performance language could be used also as a script - like in Unity 3D
case - so either C# or C++ scripts. No need to learn weak performing scripting languages.

--
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.