[Bf-funboard] Blender licensing...

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:42:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Tarmo Pikaro <tapika at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
>> It's unlikely the license will change.
>
> Why not ?

Heres a list of people you'd need to convince to change license
www.blender.org/development/credits

.... ok this is over simplification if the issue, however many devs do
keep copyright on code so even if blender foundation wanted to
re-license, they would need to get many contributors to agree OR
re-write their code (which is impractical in many cases).

> I think I had similar kind of discussion on debian:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2011/07/msg00059.html
>
> May be we could find some intermediate solution - like make it closed till
> development costs will pays off. :-)
>
> --
> Have a nice day!
> Tarmo.