[Bf-funboard] Steep Parallax Mapping

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Sun Mar 25 17:40:48 CEST 2012

With Relief Mapping you got all the benefits of using Displacement mapping,
but... you don't need to add extra geometry :)

As for normal mapping, just take a look at Martinsh's relief mapping
screenshots... if you ever worked with normal maps you will see it is
impossible to achieve that with normal mapping alone.