[Bf-funboard] Bf-funboard Digest, Vol 79, Issue 8

Jorge Rodriguez jorge at lunarworkshop.com
Fri Jun 8 22:57:31 CEST 2012

That's part of the problem. An easily dismissible confirmation is as bad as
an obnoxious one, but in different ways. The user is apt to not even notice
it existed, which would defeat its purpose.

Solutions would be to more clearly demarcate objects that are selected, to
reduce accidental pressing of the delete key by moving it elsewhere, or as
a failsafe to save historical versions of the file for the user. Or, simply
to accept that mistakes happen to even the most careful users despite any
attempts to mitigate them. Confirmation is a usability mistake.