[Bf-funboard] the delete confirmation popup

Beorn Leonard beornl at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 7 17:20:45 CEST 2012

Hi all,Is there a good reason why Blender asks for confirmation when
deleting things? Is this a remnant from when we didn't have undo?
For most cases when you delete something, you mean to do it, and for
the few times when it was an accident there's always Ctrl-Z. These
days it's second nature to me to press X LMB to delete something, but
I've had a couple of new users ask why this is necessary.If it is
important to some users, maybe it can be an option you can toggle in
the user prefs?
This seems like a pretty small tweak, but it could make be an
improvement to the speed of people's work.
Thoughts?