[Bf-funboard] clean up cluttered shelves,please?

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:23:35 CEST 2012

this is my own little mockup of how I think the shelves could be cleaned quickly with mostly  existing functionality.

http://s16.postimage.org/cns0xjsrp/Tool_Panel_4_move.png

Basicly it's a save view state function:

Step1) add/remove panels to a shelve you want,save the state by naming
it (example: display settings,general settings,or camera tracker,or
brushes in texture mode,or texture layers addon...)

Step 2) click to chose between several states (instant success!)

optional step 3) move/remove panels from rightclicking or pushing a
shorcut to bring up move dialog (second dialog popup on picture)

This would be one of the few options to reduce clutter,and provide some tools for customization of the shelves,for different processes in the workflow of a project.

Right now,blender saves a tool shelf state with every new 3D view
This would limit that AND give you more power over it really quickly.

extra icon toolbars and whatnot is for a later stage,imo. First fix what's there!