[Bf-funboard] Painting seamless textures on image editor

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Wed Jun 6 22:45:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

Today I had to paint a seamless texture and my initial reaction was to
activate "repeat" at Display/Coordinates (at the image editor) and
start painting... but once I reach out the border the paint stroke
stops.
Right now we have set up a grid of planes with the same uvs, its a
chunky workflow... not terrible but... not fun :)

So it would be funawesome to let users paint on the contiguous tiles
within the image editor to speedup the workflow in the creation of
seamless textures.

There should be also an option in Display to limit the number of
repetitions, because sometimes we need to zoom out a lot, but we don't
need blender to generate infinite repetitions screwing the
performance.

Regards.