[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: Brainstormage

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:48:16 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Danni Coy <danni.coy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Jorge Rodriguez <jorge at lunarworkshop.com>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > As a Dvorak keyboard user, I REALLY get his point!
>> >

>> Oh good I thought I was the only one. I figured us Dvorakers were enough of
>> a minority that it wasn't worth mentioning, maybe not.
>>

> Make that 3 -- however a lot seems to depend on your desktop environment.
> KDE for instance is good enough to only switch the keyboard map when you
> are typing text. Keyboard shortcuts stay on the same keys as they are for
> qwerty.

I would love to always use Dvorak and change the rest of the world but
that battle is long lost. I type DV but I often switch (hot key
alt-shift in KDE) and use A normal German keyboard for Blender. It
just makes life easier than fighting all the time with it but in a
perfect world it would work for both systems!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: