[Bf-funboard] Move constrained Normal?

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Mon Dec 10 17:14:56 CET 2012

I keep finding myself wanting a Constrain option - like X, x, z etc -
that constrains the move to a direction Normal to the edge or face.

Have I missed this somewhere, and if not could it be added with an "n"
constrain key? This is the default constraint for Extrude, so I hope I
have missed it...

For Faces, the normal vector is fully specified, but for Edges it would
make sense to be "normal to the edge and also constrained by the view".
I don't think it makes any sense at all for a vertex.

For completeness, would a Tangent constraint (90 deg to Normal, e.g.
along the edge or face) also be useful, perhaps mapped to N?

Regards
Ruth

--
Software Manager & Engineer