[Bf-funboard] Zoom direction and fake actions user prefs

Tony Mullen tony.mullen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:14:45 CET 2012

Hello,

I think this has been discussed before, but I'm having a hard time adapting
to the new zoom direction, and also its inverse. The default zoom direction
drives me crazy in 3D views, and the inverse drives me crazy in horizontal
views such as sequence and dope sheet. What I'm currently resorting to
doing is literally going and changing the user preference every time I use
a different editor. This is not really ideal for me.

How hard would it be to make this preference editable based on editor type?
The editors are very different conceptually from one another, and there's
no reason to have a "one size fits all" zoom direction (although, if we
must, I'd prefer we just go back to the old way of doing it).

In general, when fundamental interface changes are made like this, I think
it's always better to have user preferences that can be set to make things
as they were.

Also, I'd really love to see a user pref to save fake actions by default.

Tony