[Bf-funboard] Icons for VSE

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:15:32 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Think changing the color is not really helping things - (or the
> improvement is so small its splitting hairs).
>
> The reason changing color to make it more obvious its different is bad
> IMHO is that an exceptionally different color (like bright red or
> yellow) - should be used for an exceptional case - something that
> should never happen or that will cause failure.
>
> The other day for eg, I noticed that you could have a
> sequence/mask/movie clip sequencer strip that looses its reference to
> its original data (a scene strip pointing to a NULL scene), This case
> is exceptional so I made it draw with bright red striped overlay.
> The same thing could be done fir strips that point to missing files for eg.
>
> So IMHO drawing special attention to a regular use case is not a good
> use of color.
>
> Just draw the waveform in all cases and uses will get the idea.

I fully agree with this. It might be good to find another color than
blue and green because a lot of color blind people will not see it. At
least make sure the brightness is different. Turn it to gray (god only
knows the correct way to do that!) and take a look at it. Keeping the
colors pastels and the emergency or important colors bright and pure
is a good idea, IMOHO.

Can you address my other questions about the FPS, when you get time?

Thanks

Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: