[Bf-funboard] Icons for VSE

lemo_net at yahoo.fr lemo_net at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 28 18:07:42 CEST 2012

0
-----Original Message-----
From: Bassam Kurdali <bassam at urchn.org>
Sender: bf-funboard-bounces at blender.org
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:06:15
To: <bf-funboard at blender.org>
Subject: Re: [Bf-funboard] Icons for VSE

Changing the color to be a bit more different sounds fine; though I
don't have trouble distinguishing the green from the blue. Campbell's
suggestion with the waveform display sounds like the best way (seeing
the waveforms is also very important for editing) and does not add
excessive noise to the sequence editor.

The problem with all the icons and tooltips is that they distinguish
very simple distinctions; once you learn them (which probably takes a
few seconds) they instantly will become an irritation. I'd rather
reserve tricks like that for something that is truly complicated- if we
clutter up with icons for simple things, we would end up drowning in
them before we can use them for something truly difficult.

TL;DR Icons are too visually noisy, changing color sounds OK, +1
Campbell's suggestion of showing the waveform without having to
ram-cache the sounds.