[Bf-funboard] Icons for VSE

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:04:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Bol Bib <bollebib at hotmail.com> wrote:

> on the readability problem
>
> Maybe you could just go into the Ui settings (theme) and change the colors of the sound (or movie) to better differentiate the 2? Just make it yellow ,or something and it should stand out very much.
>

> Maybe the default could be changed for new users of the sequencer?

I kind of like the colors. The problem is that you don't know what
they mean when you first look at it. This leads to it looking
confusing and that is never good. But in Barton's example there is so
much info that you get overloaded and adding icons could just lead to
more overload. The classic design answer would be to find a better way
to group things but I don't know how that would work. I still like the
idea of having icons. Perhaps they would only show up on zoomed in
views.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!