[Bf-funboard] Icons for VSE

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:03:10 CEST 2012

I was using the VSE today. Not something that I do very much and I
loaded up a little film from my camera and had to problems. Luckily
for me I new how to fix them but newbie is going to be at a real loss.

First one is easy. Which strip is the sound and which is the video?
Clearly you can read it on the side panel, if you happen to have it
open and know to look there but would it not be much easier to just
have a little icon on each strip? A music note on the sound and a film
icon on the other? Simple fix BIG improvement in usability.

The next problem is a bit odder. When you load the strip in the sound
is about 2 times longer than the video. This is because my camera
records in 10 fps and the default for blender is 24 fps. It is VERY
hard to understand that you have to go to the Render panel and change
the fps to get it to load up correctly. Why can't blender just read
that from the film and load it correctly? I mean all my other players
do and when you look at the film strip info in VLC it is there. It
could at least have a popup window that asks if you want it set to
10fps and perhaps even ask about the dimensions and have that set to
640x480 (my cam) or whatever is correct for that film.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: