[Bf-funboard] precision in Sculpt

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:49:06 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Sean Olson <seanolson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you played much with the "smooth stroke" option under stroke?
> This is how blender (and almost all other sculpting software as well)
> solves this problem.    If you pump up the radius you can really be quite
> accurate.   I would not mind something to make strokes more accurate like
> you describe, but having smooth on a key down & hold is pretty integral to
> most sculpting workflows and I would be hesitant to move it off the big
> modifier key.   I do however wish for a hotkey to turn on/off the smooth
> stroke functionality.   It's a timesuck going into that menu every time I
> want it on or off.
>
> -Sean

No, I have not done that. I will have to try and play with it more.
Perhaps I am stuck in Edit mode thinking. I will let you know what I
think after I have played a bit more.
It might be nice to have the setting option and then the advanced
users can change key mappings as they see fit. It is at least a good
way to test it out. I don't think it would be that hard to program
based on my game programming in Panda and Pygame but then what do I
know of Blender programming?

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!