[Bf-funboard] Remove doubles issue & use for UV

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Fri Aug 17 22:48:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

Say I got this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2294713/rd1.png

Now I want to merge both edge loops, so I use Remove Doubles...:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2294713/rd2.png

See the issue? I expected vertices to merge at their centers, but some
vertices merge with the outer ones, and viceversa!

So it would be nice to have a "medium/center" option.
Or maybe a special Merge Loop tool? :D

(If there is another tool or script to do this, please let me know!)

Also, it would be nice to have Remove Doubles for the UV editor.

Say I got slighty different islands that need to use the same UV space:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2294713/rd4uv.png

To make them fit, I need to weld each group of vertices individually,
so RD would be a real time saver.