[Bf-funboard] Feature proposal. paramete links

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:53:59 CEST 2012

If I understand you I think I have two solutions to your problem.

1.  The simple one - Linked Duplicates - Use alt+d(object->duplicate
linked) instead of shift+d  to duplicate objects you want to share the same
properties with.  So for your lamp problem you would duplicate your lamp
10x with alt+d and then they all share the same properties, when you change
one, they all change.

2.  More difficult version is to create a custom property on your empty and
link it to a driver on a lamp that you duplicate 10x.  Then, changing the
 "lamp" property on the empty will change all the lamps.  Additionally I
believe you could link this up to the size of the empty.  A good into
tutorial can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkoviO_xkY&feature=player_embedded

-Sean