[Bf-funboard] Absolute scale in Edit mode

Reiner reiner.prokein at t-online.de
Mon Aug 13 14:42:27 CEST 2012

Hello Haunt,

Absolute values in Edit mode should be the same absolute values than in
Object Mode: World units. And scale along X, or Y or Z, or all three at
once. We have already the factor scaling for that. I just request three
more edit boxes that displays the bounding box dimensions of the
selection, and provides a way to modify this dimensions too.

In Edit mode you can for example choose hotkey s for scale, then enter X
for the X direction, followed by the factor of 1.5. The selection will
scale by factor 1.5 now in X direction. When the selection was 2.2 in X,
then it will be 3.3 now. Only problem is that you don`t know if your
selection was 2.2 in X. There is no edit box that tells you the
dimensions of your selection in Edit mode yet. What i would want to do
here is to use absolute values instead the factor. Like scale it to
3.425. And that`s where i would need some edit boxes. To display the
bounding box dimensions of the selection and to change the values by