[Bf-funboard] Autohide properties editor (or all?)

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:38:03 CEST 2012

I had another idea to provide more screen estate without changing blender too much.

http://postimage.org/image/qmf2yxwi9/
http://postimage.org/image/oo5khob5b/

http://postimage.org/image/42tbu1vwb/full/ (another choice,but bad because it overlaps the toolshelves)

If you hover or click on it,it maximizes to full size and then minimizes again. This ONLY happens if you have the properties minimized like that ,so people who don't like it have the default behaviour.
It's essentially an autohide to keep focus on the 3D view but still have buttons close to do more. The maximize viewport is great,but  it hides EVERYTHING. I don't use it all that much because of that.
Imo you could do this with curve editor,action editor and other editors as well. It's just another way to temporarily reduce clutter and optimize your workflow.

It might be a bit tricky to implement
Maybe you need to MARK an editor for an autohide,or maybe just minimize it to header size (so buttons appear)

if done right,could be very powerful.

Just another idea.